Friday, January 7, 2011

About Me



Hello there. My name is Ellie. I am the wife to a really awesome guy and mom to the happiest/cutest little girl. Among many other things, I love to sew.

When I started sewing about 7 months ago I literally did not even know what "right sides together" meant. I've come a long way. In fact, before I got my sewing machine, the only "sew" related materials I owned were a few different colors of thread and a needle. You know, in case a button fell of a my husbands suit jacket or something. At which point I would promptly dig out the kit and hand it over to him so he could fix it himself.

Once I started sewing, I became addicted. I literally dream about things I want to make.  I'm nowhere near as good as I'd like to be, but I'm working at it. I needed a place to catalog my ideas and stay connected with other crafty bloggers, so here I am. I would love to know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ellie



I'm a Mormon.

4 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how long you've been sewing and how it is I did not know about your amazing skills with the needle and thread. This post explains everything! I can only believe you are already making your own pattens and designs after sewing less than a year because I know how talented you are. I took a couple sewing classes at BYU, so I understand the addiction. I just wish I had more time to scratch the itch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on Ucreate. I can't believe you have been sewing such a short time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm a new follower, and we are two beginners when it comes to sewing, I started sewing about 6-8 months ago, and I can't STOP!!!! fount you at Ucreate

    www.mrssassycrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your blog!! i just got a sewing machine this Christmas and i'm so eager to start, although i know nothing about sewing and have never tried you give me inspiration! thank you and please keep up the great work! :) Zesi (wife and mom to the loves of my life)

    ReplyDelete